Sunday, March 18, 2012

0.2 Seconds of fame

If Andy Warhol's quote about everyone in the future being famous for 15 minutes is true, then I still have another 14 minutes 58.8 seconds of my celebrity left. One minute has been accounted for elsewhere and 0.2 seconds (I estimated the time) may be found in this video of Scritti Politti's 'Absolute', which was based on the theme of 'a Midsummer Night's Dream'. I volunteered to dress up as Oberon and appear in the video for a split second... at least I can say, 'You may admire my Oberon, but you should have seen my Bottom'! I appear at 1 minute 54 seconds and I think I overestimated the amount of on-screen time! I also almost worked with Kubrick on 'Full Metal Jacket' (he didn't know about it!) - unfortunately when I got to the meeting point at the start of shooting, they didn't need any more extras and I had to go home. I'm a method actor - my method is not to appear in the film!



1 comment:

  1. Bob,

    Is that you doing the funky dance move? Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete